This is one of my favorite summer recipes. The recipe is simple to make and you can have dinner on the table in less than thirty minutes. Fresh peas are a must- I tried to make it frozen peas when I couldn’t find them fresh and the peas were mushy and the dish was not as good. Won’t make that mistake again! For all of you local readers- Standard Market almost always carries fresh sugar snap and snow peas.
The complete recipe is at the bottom of the post.
Preheat the grill over medium heat. Grill the pork for 7-8 minutes a side until the internal temperature reaches 145°. We use an instant meat thermometer- it helps prevent over cooking the meat. When the pork is done, place it on a plate and let it rest for 10 minutes. I usually put them in the microwave to help keep them warm, but you can cover with foil, too. After it has rested, slice the pork on a diagonal.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin and Peas with Dates & Walnuts
- 1 1lb. pork tenderloin
- 2 tablespoons pork rub
- 1 cup fresh shelled sugar snap peas
- 2 cups sugar snap peas
- 2 cups snow peas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup dates, chopped
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in pan over medium heat. Add sliced shallots and cook until shallots are caramelized.
- Add walnuts, dates and cayenne pepper to pan and saute for 1-2 minutes until walnuts are slightly toasted.
- Shell one cup of sugar snap peas and set aside.
- Trim ends of sugar snap peas and snow peas and rinse.
- Bring pot of water to a boil. Drop trimmed peas into water and cook 2-3 minutes until peas turn bright green.
- Remove peas and place in ice bath to stop cooking process.
- Add cooked and shelled peas to the shallots, dates, and walnuts. Cook until peas are heated through and dates begin to break down. Season with salt.
- While peas are cooking, preheat grill over medium heat.
- Trim excess fat from tenderloin and rub with McCormick Pork Rub.
- Grill for 7-8 minutes a side until internal temp reaches 145°. When finished,cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- To serve, slice pork tenderloin on a diagonal.